Camp logo

Camp logo

Friday, April 26, 2019

Looking forward...

Camp preparations happen all year - not just the week you go to camp :-)
I asked the Directors to share what they are looking forward to this summer and here is what they had to say:

Every year I look forward to seeing God work through leaders, staff and campers. I spend a lot of time planning every detail so that I can deliver an engaging and uplifting experience only to find it turn out very differently, but exactly how He wanted it to. He sends the right combination of people to this wonderful camp where family-like friendships are formed. He provides light for us to see his love and opportunities to share it with each other. He lifts us up through those he has surrounded us with creating lasting bonds, memories, and motivation to share it with others. Pass it on! - Dianna (Primary Camp)

I’m looking forward to seeing how God plays out the theme for camp this year in the leaders, staff, and campers. Growing up, I always felt connected to God while at camp, but the connection outside of camp is what I struggled with. I was very easily distracted by life, and found myself straying from the path God intended for me to be on, and to be honest I can still get distracted. I know there are others who attend camp who struggle with this too, so I’m looking forward to focusing on how to help them stay connected and rely on their faith in God outside of camp. - Taniesha (Junior Camp)

Peace. I realize it’s not a sentence or paragraph. But that’s what I’m looking forward to for the campers, leaders, staff and myself. - Emily (Sr. High Camp)

As campers and volunteers, what do you look forward to when you come to Camp Tamarack?


No comments:

Post a Comment