Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, September 10, 2012

What's next?


“Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established.” Proverbs 16:3 (NASB)

Last week I wrote about looking back or reflection on the summer and I have asked my Pastor if I can give a sermon in the near future about my reflections at camp. I am pretty excited about that as it will be my second real sermon ever.

This week, I am looking to the present and future. Since camp has ended for this season, I have had a lot of people ask me what I do now?? Well, I sleep and then get up and nap, and maybe eat and then sleep again :-) Maybe for the first day or two after camp ended that was my schedule. :-P

 I moved back to my farm full time and took a couple vacations with my family. It was great to be together 24/7 after not being home much this summer. I think the animals are happy to have me back too and in a normal routine. Animals thrive on routines and I do too.

For my Camp routine, I come to the Milwaukee office once a week and work on paperwork, database updates, miscellaneous followup from the summer and look toward the Winter Youth Retreat and setting up that weekend with a theme, leaders and getting the registration out there plus next year's camping season.  

I am also in seminary pretty much full time and have a class gong on right now for Formation for Christian Ministry so I have papers, reading, projects and class time to work in to my routine.

The hardest part has been my home routine. I am not used to being home as much as I am now and it is throwing me for a loop. I feel guilty if I am not working on a to do list or organizing something. I have created a home to do list and am working on getting my house and farm in shape. We moved in about 6 years ago and there are some boxes I still haven't really unpacked. I have also done some research on organizing and simplifying all aspects of your life and removing clutter helps to move forward. I definitely have some clutter that can go!

I also started being the primary cook in our house. For those of you that know me well, I will wait a moment while you stop laughing. You good now? Yup, I am planning menus, cooking and trying new things and you know I actually like it. 

I am still a little nervous about the future, what this Camp job brings, what leaving my other job means and what will I do with all this schooling, but I look to the verse at the top of this blog and I know I have committed my works to the Lord and He will work out the plan.

What has you nervous or scared that you need to commit to the Lord and trust in His planning?


No comments:

Post a Comment