Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, May 14, 2012

Continuing the Journey

It seems like I just started this blog and this new role for Camp Tamarack and in about 2 weeks I will be moving up to camp for the summer. The past few months have flown by and I have learned a lot already - I am sure there is more to come!

Recently I watched the movie "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington. He is in a post apocalyptic world and has a very sacred possession. He is told to walk west by a voice and he did it. He didn't know what he was walking towards, only that a divine providence was leading him. Being that this is a post apocalyptic world you can imagine the journey wasn't easy. He needed to find food, shelter and ran into evil forces as he tried to move west. In about 100 minutes the story wrapped up and the quest was completed, but this got me to thinking. We all start journeys and are pushed and prodded along the way and run in to road bumps and blockades. The trick is to not give up, to continue forward knowing there is a destination...sometimes without knowing what it is!

I feel this camp season and this job is a journey and one that maybe I needed more prodding than normal to take on for various reasons, but I am here and excited to see what happens! I hope you will all stay with me during the journey :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment