Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, May 21, 2012

And we are off....

Alright everyone, the camping season is literally days away and I am already tired :-)


Last weekend was the mini-mission weekend and most of my family came up to help. It was nice to see everyone's talents being used! My dad helped clean and may come back up this summer to help paint. My mom helped with organizing the craft barn, canteen (new t-shirts are in!) and cooking. Emma took over the dishwasher in the kitchen and even trained another volunteer on what to do. My husband came up too for a little while and did some plumbing work on the Director's cabin. 
The other people that volunteered were amazing! Many hands make light work. We didn't have too many hands, but the work was definitely lighter overall and it takes things off the to do list for Mark and Deb.
Thank you to all who came up and shared their talents!


This is my last day in the office and I am trying to tie up loose ends. I read a devotional this morning and the verse really stuck with me:
And there arose another generation after them who did not know the Lord or the work He had done for Israel. Judges 2:10


This is what Camp Tamarack is all about! If you aren't a part of Camp Tamarack - you are an honorary camper just by reading this blog in my opinion - this is what witnessing is all about.
Emma and I had long talk in the car up to Camp about what it means to witness and I know there are many different approaches, but for her I said it was about walking the talk and showing others we are trying to be good Christians even though we don't always get it right. At least we are trying. We don't want anyone to forget God's goodness and we want to show those who haven't seen it how good God is.  


In Judges it took a few generations for people to forget, during our time on this earth, let's see if we can help people to remember!

2 comments:

  1. And there arose another generation after them who did not know the Lord or the work He had done for Israel. Judges 2:10

    Wow, we must subscribe to the same devotional! :) When I read this this morning I thought immediately about Camp Tamarack as well as Sunday School, Youth Groups, and Vacation Bible School. In my church we are struggling to keep youth education going. For many reasons attendance is declining and I don't think it's just the kids' fault. The challenge is out there to educate our youth and see that their Christian education is strong, accurate, and varied. I see Camp as an integral part of this and am praying for a successful summer season of youth and adults learning about Jesus and seeing their faith blossom and continue on to the next generation after them. God Bless all who take part in the camp experience this summer and may we see faith blossom well into the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good because if you are doing for the camping so you have take care of your self.
    Camp Stoves

    ReplyDelete