Camp logo

Camp logo

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Past due

The title of the blog this week has different meanings for me:
1) This blog is 10 days late :-(

2) Have you ever had a decision to make or a tug on your heart and when you finally made the decision you can't believe you didn't make it earlier? I quit my job of 18 years on May 24th. While I loved the industry, most of the people I worked with and opportunities I had, I am ok with the decision to move on. The tagline for our company was "Bringing the Miracles of Medicine to Market Sooner". It was time to move on to different miracles. Doesn't mean the process has been easy, but I know I have made the right decision.I feel like an onion with layers of stress peeling away. May take awhile though.

3) Still looking for lifeguards to help this summer and if I don't find any the plan is to fill the lake with oatmeal. Ok, maybe not really, but I am feeling like the cut off date is coming and I may not be able to provide the campers with the lakefront experience.

4) This past weekend was the AB Women's retreat and the speaker shared a lot of stories and ideas and I think one that has stuck with me was the idea that you need to love yourself and take care of yourself otherwise you won't have any love to give away. I am not very good at that. I go, go, go (writing this blog at 10:15pm when I should be getting ready for bed) and then have crashed before and can't take care of anyone.

5) I started my summer class and already feel behind there. My own issue, not a camp issue :-)

Even though as I read this list it sounds negative, I know God is already at work here and will continue to do amazing things this summer.

Thanks for the support and continue to pray for us and the needs of the camp as we start with Sr. High this Sunday! The Journey begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment