Camp logo

Camp logo

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I just want to be a sheep....

Baa Baa Baa Baa :-)

Last week we had the primary and middler camps up here at the Chain 'O Lakes.
The first thing the staff and I realized is that the work we needed to do was different. There were less numbers of kids so the dishes were less, but they did need more oversight at the craft barn and waterfront. We were all tired, but it was a good tired as we were rewarded with many smiles, pleases and thank yous!
I am pretty sure there were some kids that if they weren't picked up the staff would have been ok with that.

Speaking of staff, I am still watching them as they start their third full week of campers and the conversations continue to be about superheroes and their powers. My superpower is looking through windows :-P



Here is a picture of Nola explaining to her primary campers the story of Jonah and telling them to look for rocks that are in the shape of a heart.













At the end of the middler week, the Director has a peanut carnival. I didn't get to see much of the other games, but here are a few of pictures of campers playing Hang the Hanger:


















One of my a-ha moments last week had to do with the people that make camp happen and the ownership and love that goes in to being here. I already knew it on some level, but watched how deep it really goes in action. Thanks to EVERYONE that helps to support this ministry - God is absolutely at work here - in the campers, leaders and staff!

I received some bad news on Friday afternoon and took off in the kayak to just get away. When I found a quiet spot on the lake I opened my Bible and found Proverbs 16:20 calling to me: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he that trusts in the Lord.
Once I was able to reset and pray I felt so much better. I hope everyone has a moment to realize that they are blessed!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Praying for you and your staff and your campers! God is at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the camp experience is going strong this summer!

    There weren't too many moments at your former job that you could escape to the lake with the Bible were there? Glad to see that you can find peace with all that is going on.

    Keep that Jr. High group in line!! :) Especially that grand daughter of mine ! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel blessed! You are doing great! I can see how much fun the kids and staff are having. Next blog topic, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate having to prove i am not a bot! (when i publish)

    ReplyDelete