Camp logo

Camp logo

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sr. High and more

Now may he who supplies the seed to the sower...supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness. 2 Cor 9:10

No offense to any Sr. High campers that may read this - I survived the first real week of camping! My staff also survived, but I am concerned about them as they were talking yesterday at breakfast about getting a sugar glider, making a walnut helmet for it and shooting it out of a canon. I think they will be OK, but I am keeping my eye on them.

We had a great week of the Lord moving in many different ways. Because I was running around trying to fix all the things I messed up and getting ready for a wedding at our farm, I missed out on a lot of the worship time, but heard that it was wonderful and messages were given that needed to be heard. I was given a lesson as well on making sure the light of Jesus is shining even when people are feeling it isn't there.

The verse above was part of a calendar of the day I received as a gift about leadership, but it also struck me as relevant to the camping experience of last week. Many many seeds were planted last week and I saw some start to grow even before campers and leaders left. Some I know still need watering and time to germinate and God will provide what is needed to increase His kingdom.

Where are you in your growing? Are you helping to spread the seeds God has provided? Are you finding a way to tend to the plants that are growing? The love and encouragement I saw last week was amazing and I pray that it continues long after.



What a great looking crew - on the inside and out!  :-)

Thank you campers/leaders/volunteers/staff and whoever I may have missed for a great week - thank you God for the opportunity to help multiply the seeds!






1 comment: