Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, March 19, 2012

Influence

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

I am over the Monday blah's from last week - this fabulous weather sure has been helping with that! First long run outside has me a bit sore, but a good sore. It is also Spring Break for Emma and she is hanging out with mom all week. Today we are in the Elm Grove office and she is "helping" me. I think it just connected with her today that I "am" Camp Tamarack now.

I have been thinking a lot about how camp will go this summer and trying to listen to all the different ideas and suggestions. Emma just gave me an idea that each night the cabin leaders should read a Bible verse pertaining to the lesson - she said she would really like that. I think we have a great theme in Journey (not the band :-P) that will lead to some great discussions.
Our overall verse is:
Judges 18:6 "Go in peace," the priest replied. "For the LORD will go ahead of you on your journey."

Back to the original verse at the top of the blog...my husband and I were having a discussion this weekend about Emma's friends and as any parent does, you worry about them being a bad influence on your child as they get older. I thought about it the other way though and maybe Emma will be a good influence? At my other day job, I like to post random questions as a type of fun/teambuilding. This week's question was "What is something everyone should know how to do?" I asked Emma this question and her first response was - everyone should know how to pray. Yup, I think she will be a good influence.

What do you think everyone should know how to do?

How is your Journey going?  Whatever it is - go in peace :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love Emma's comment! So much that it is what I wanted to say. I'll go another direction and say be willing to forgive yourself after you've gone to the Lord to seek His grace and forgiveness. Enjoy your journey.

    ReplyDelete