Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Spark

He makes his messengers winds, his ministers a flaming fire. Psalm 104:4


A couple weeks ago, for my other job, I went to a conference that had a motivational speaker. I usually like that type of thing anyway, but this message has stuck with me for awhile.
The name of the speaker was Lance Secretan and his book is called "The Spark, The Flame, The Torch". He was focused on leadership, but at that word spark, I immediately went to the song Pass It On where it only takes a spark to get a fire going.
That was his message really, but his twist is that the spark is really a dream and how do you take your dream and turn it in to a flame to inspire others and then a torch to inspire the world.
It is amazing what a "spark" can do to some one's mood, vocation, faith. I have been thinking about my dream for Camp Tamarack and how does that translate overall as my dream may not be the same as someone elses, but I don't want to put water on their spark as adding all those sparks together gives you the flame and eventually the torch that goes out in to the world.

Do you need a spark right now? Have you seen a spark in action?

My dream is to work with youth in way to help them see the love of Christ and have fun along the way. It seems pretty simple, but I have already seen how my sparks have helped others and it is enough to keep me going!

I would love to hear your dreams or how you have seen the spark in action.

Shalom!



P.S. Here are the lyrics to Pass It On in case you aren't familiar with them:
It only takes a spark to get a fire going,
And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing;
That's how it is with God's Love,
Once you've experienced it,
Your spread the love to everyone
You want to pass it on.

What a wondrous time is spring,
When all the tress are budding
The birds begin to sing, the flowers start their blooming;
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it.
You want to sing, it's fresh like spring,
You want to pass it on.

I wish for you my friend
This happiness that I've found;
You can depend on God
It matters not where you're bound,
I'll shout it from the mountain top - PRAISE GOD!
I want the world to know
The Lord of love has come to me
I want to pass it on.

I'll shout it from the mountain top - PRAISE GOD!
I want the world to know
The Lord of love has come to me
I want to pass it on.

1 comment:

  1. That song brings many memories of campfires and singing in the cafeteria before food would be served. Keep making sparks. You never know where one will land.

    ReplyDelete