Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, February 27, 2012

What kind of journey are you on?

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
Psalm 119:105

We just had our Commission on Camping meeting this past Saturday and decided the theme for this year is Journey. It ties to the National ABC as well as the Region themes this year. We all liked this theme since it has many different ways of looking at it. Everyone is on a journey of some sort.

There is your faith journey, your life journey, Jesus' journey to the cross, and so on....
I am excited to see what direction the Directors of each camp take this for the different age groups.

Speaking of journey, we are well on our way in the Lenten journey this year. I wasn't able to go to church for Ash Wednesday so Emma and I had our own service and I let her put ashes on my forehead as we repeated "from dust you came and to dust you shall return".
We also talked about what we wanted to take up for the season to prepare our hearts for Easter. I am going to take up better care of the temple God gave me with better nutrition and exercise. I was slacking big time in those areas. Emma decided to take up being more creative and watching less TV. She got out her crochet kit to start a project as well as making a corn husk doll. This in itself is going to be an interesting journey.

What journey are you on right now? Is it the journey or the destination in your view that is important?

P.S. I have 10 followers now on the blog - woohoo double digits :-)

P.P.S. The photo is of Bunny and I at the empty tomb - the last stop of a journey through Israel.

1 comment:

  1. After being unable to decide on which one to go with I think God wants us to focus on the destination and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete