Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, April 23, 2012

Gardening 101

Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.  

Last week a friend (pretty sure we are friends, never really talked about it :-) ) and I were talking about different things and she was telling me about a message she heard during Holy Week and the gist was something along the lines of "what gets watered grows". In my corporate world there is also a saying that what gets measured gets done. That has stuck with me the last few days as I have been thinking about what I have been watering and measuring the past few months.


Part of me is ashamed to list out all the things I have been watering and shouldn't have been. My garden has the following things growing in it: worry, too much work, too much time on the computer, too much TV. I have updated my list of what needs to be watered and what really should be measured and my relationships with my husband and daughter are on the top of the list. Next on the list come things like all my critters and farm work, time outside, school, family & friends and the positive parts of work. To me, if I water and nurture those aspects of life my relationship and faith will also grow.


I am really looking forward to my first summer at Tamarack and seeing all the campers and leaders have water dumped on them. You know what I mean :-)


What are you watering that shouldn't be and where should the watering can be focused?





1 comment:

  1. We have similar gardens it would appear. Being back at work sure throws a monkey wrench into having time to get done what you want/need to I am finding. Stay with it. At least you are aware of things you are watering and should be but aren't. I don't think a lot of people give it much thought.

    Any luck on the lifeguard jobs?

    ReplyDelete