Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, April 30, 2012

Random thoughts


My brain is a jumble of many thoughts today so try to stick with me:

1) I had the honor of attending First Baptist Church in Madison yesterday to talk about Camp Tamarack. It was great to see so many people that already knew the joy of the camping experience. The last part of the day was a luncheon and I presented a short PowerPoint about camp. As I finished, Art Basile walked in! What a great opportunity to meet someone that made Camp Tamarack possible for all of us! Here I am in my "God said Go Camping" t-shirt and he is in a suit tie - jeesh this younger generation!
I stayed in the newly renovated Basile Retreat Center this past weekend and it is a GREAT space. The Missional Group had their meeting there and I brought up the food and stayed to visit. Sounds like some great conversations are being had!

B) Still looking for two full time accredited lifeguards for the summer!

*) Before starting to write today, I looked at the stats for this blog and the pages have been viewed over a 1000 times in the continental US plus Alaska! Next I conquer the world! Ahem, or maybe share my message with my friends in different countries. :-) Thanks everyone for the support!

4) I started ordering for the craft barn this summer - that was FUN! Plus Lauren has some cool new ideas.

C) I am working on my paper and project for Hebrew Bible II and picked Amos 5:18-24. I love this passage and have gained a lot of insight already into the prophet and his message to the people of Israel. I actually have too many ideas and need to pick one. (Or two??)

&) I follow a blog on FaceBook that asks a question every day - thought I would share this one with this group since I have gone through many changes with work, school, family, friends.







7) In a month I will be up at camp!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday - Shalom~ Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Talk about random thoughts, how about random numbering or whatever you call that?

    Sounds like camp season is very close if you are hosting retreats, speaking at churches, and ordering materials. Hope you find your lifeguards soon! Praying for good results on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog, have fun at camp!

    ReplyDelete