Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, September 24, 2012

What do you see?

Lord, You are more precious than silver;
Lord, You are more costly than gold;
Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds;
And nothing I desire compares with You.


I know I don't have a Bible verse listed up there. I have a verse from a song we sing at camp and I have been humming it all day. Yesterday I was sitting on the dock (for those of you that go to camp it was the dock on the right that ONLY the lifeguards are supposed to be on, but I am the Director so there) and working on my being still and knowing. It was cloudy, but when the sun did make an appearance it was warm. I closed my eyes and was listening to nature and praying. When I opened my eyes, the sun was just coming out from behind a cloud and it appeared on top of the lake that a path of sparkly diamonds was headed toward me. Now, I can explain all this scientifically with how the sun was refracting on the waves as the wind pushed the water, but I don't want to go there right now. I want to go to a place where things are transformed and where I felt like the richest person in the world with God showing me all the diamonds in my life. I am not a writer and am probably not describing this very well, but I know what I saw on the water and how it felt and I am rich in God and His blessings. Sometimes I just have to look at things in a different way.


Anything you need to look at differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment