Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, January 16, 2012

Be still?? I don't know how!

There was no end to his toil” (Ecclesiastes 4:8)

That's how I am feeling today. In the past 3 days, I have been in my car driving places ~ 7 hours in order to "do things". Some of them are important things and all of them are due to choices I have made. I have school, which I love. I have church, which I am really enjoying. I have family responsibilities - grocery shopping, taking Emma to the orthodontist - which I wouldn't trade for anything. I have work, which I am energized about. It is my choice to live on a farm out in the middle of nowhere so I have to drive everywhere.  Even as I write this, I realize how much I like to stay busy and "do things".  I am not even sure I know how to take a break.

One of my favorite tweets is by @realrobbell -Sabbath reminds us that we are human beings not human doings. I take this one out every once in awhile and reflect on it. Doing isn't all of God's will, I have to remember the being part. There are a few places I am able to "be" - cabin on Two Sister's Lake, out in the barn with all my critters and at Camp. Notice all of these places are outside. That is where I am able to "be" with God at my best. Well, it is January and I am not going to be outside much so I need to actively work on my being. I have a few opportunities in the next couple weeks and I hope to make the best of them!

Where are you able to "be" best?
Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). 

1 comment:

  1. It's hard for me to be still also. I do believe the best way for us to make God laugh is to make plans. What adds to his laughter is us rushing around doing all the stuff we think is important.

    Can you explain your profile picture?

    ReplyDelete