Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Job - New Year

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

This blog is something I have been thinking about since I accepted the position of Director of Camping Ministries for Camp Tamarack back in June. Some people call me a tech geek, which I think is funny, but I guess I am with my various electronic devices and always wanting to stay connected. I am on Facebook and Twitter (@Crankolyn) if you want to connect that way too.

That is what this blog will hopefully be about - staying connected.
When I was a camper (many years ago), that was one thing I missed, staying connected to Camp when I wasn't there.

Now that I will be there a lot more, I am hoping to share the experience with others.

Today is my first day in the office of American Baptist Churches and I am a little overwhelmed with the history and responsibility that God has placed in my hands. My family has a long history of Camp with my Grandpa being a part of the group that helped to purchase the land for Camp and various family members attending, counseling and directing camp over the years, plus my daughter has started going and bringing friends. With that history just in my family, I realized everyone sees Camp through their own experiences and memories.

It will be an honor to be a part of the memories that have yet to be made.
I pray that God gives me the guidance and strength to help keep Camp Tamarack the special place it is for so many people.

Please share your special memories with me as I begin my journey :-)



Link to Camp Tamarack's website: http://www.camptamarack.org/index.shtm

2 comments:

  1. 1 Samuel 18:14

    ”He had great success in everything he did because the Lord was with him.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course "she" works for that verse also! Best of luck as you work for the Lord through Camp Tamarack.

    ReplyDelete