Camp logo

Camp logo

Monday, January 30, 2012

Whew!

John 14: 1 Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; also believe in me.

My plan for this blog post was to recap everything that happened and what we learned at the Winter Youth Retreat this past weekend. Well things didn't go exactly as I had planned.

Last week, I was at a conference for seminarians in Florida. It was a great event and I was able to connect with others in school as well as those having the same concerns and questions I have as we move forward. I enjoyed the worship, variety of songs and messages. Dr. Alan Roxburgh gave me a lot to think about as he talked about what God is up to. One thought that really stuck with me is that the spirit isn't found in peace, it is found in the disruption.

Disruption, there seems to be a lot of that lately. In all sorts of places. What is God up to?

OK, back to the conference. Everything wrapped up Thursday evening and my flight home was at 6:40 am. That meant my shuttle would pick me up at 3:15 am, that is right 3:15 am. So I was up at 2:45, after a layover in Chicago, landed in Madison at 11:45 am. That meant all I had to do was go home, repack, grocery shop and head up to Camp. Well, I made it!

The sessions were led by some fabulous students From UW Stevens Point that are a part of Crew there. They really had a great message tied to "Grow, Serve, Connect" along with worship songs that I know touched several people since I have seen posts today on FaceBook of videos of those songs.

In the midst of all this, there was disruption. One of mine was just plain tiredness.Someone else shared a disruption that happened to them just that week. It was a pretty big deal, but I could see how the experience at Camp was allowing them to smile just a little. I had my own disruption that I see the Lord using to call out to me about my own convictions. Because of some of these disruptions, I wasn't able to attend all the sessions and that is why I can't give a complete wrap up. What I can tell you is that it was a success and I heard a lot of young adults tell me they would see me this summer!

Thanks God for the disruptions and what you do with that time to shape us and teach us! Even though it isn't always easy!

What disruption has God used in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment